Ways to support our work
You can donate securely using the form below. If you are a UK taxpayer, please click the Gift Aid option when donating online.
You can also become a regular supporter. Get in touch to find out more about making a regular contribution to our work.
If you’re a business, you could sponsor a project, or even a specific aspect of a project. For example, Legal & General sponsored umbrellas for one of our outdoor shows, keeping vulnerable audiences & performers dry. Your organisation could be responsible for making one of our projects happen!
As a result of Covid and the prolonged shut down of the theatre industry, we need to raise some extra funds to support our work.
During lockdown, we launched a campaign to raise £12,000 through £12 donations in just 12 months – all this to celebrate our 12th birthday as Wales’ leading inclusive theatre company creating accessible performances.
We call this our 12x12x12 campaign.
To our wonderful supporters, all your £12 gifts made before the end of July 2021 will go directly into supporting our Deaf youth theatre members, aged 4-18, to access free, Covid-safe weekly drama sessions in English and BSL for 12 months, pandemic or no!
Gifts will also support the costs of training and supporting our 12 amazing Deaf, disabled and non- disabled volunteers.
Your £12 donations will also enable up to 12 Deaf or disabled freelance performers to work with us in 2021.
Track our progress and see your gift in the thermometer below.
So far we have raised £6,168 towards our £12,000 target! That’s 51% of the total!
Why Support Taking Flight?
Every project we create requires additional support in order to realise our mission.
- You can help us to continue providing ethical employment opportunities for D/deaf & disabled performers & creatives.
- You can help us increase the confidence & transferrable skills of D/deaf & disabled young people.
- You can help provide positive disabled & D/deaf role models for future generations.
- You can support us in changing the face of who makes theatre & who it is for.
How many people do you employ each year?
- 3 permanent staff.
- 2 youth theatre staff.
- 20 professional performers per year. (Over 50% of these people will identify as D/deaf or disabled).
- 20-30 people per year including writers, facilitators, BSL interpreters, Creative Consultants, Stage Managers, designers, composers & musicians.
- We also have a pool of around 12 regular volunteers.
How many projects do you do?
- Youth Theatre for D/deaf & Hard of Hearing Young People.
- 2 productions per year, which either tour Wales or England.
- 2-3 future projects in development per year.
How many people experience your work?
- You’ve Got Dragons (a project gently raising mental health with very young children) played to 3248 people. 767 people participated in resilience workshops.
- The Tempest played to just under 3000 people across Wales during summer 2017.
- Real Human Being, tackling disability hate crime, played to over 9000 secondary age young people in Wales between 2014 and 17.
After you have made provision for your loved ones, leaving a gift in your will can be a fantastic way of continuing to support the work we do, no matter how much you are able to leave. In this way, you’ll be investing in the future of Taking Flight, nurturing emerging D/deaf & disabled creatives & leaving a lasting mark for generations to come. You might consider bequeathing a specific sum or perhaps a percentage of your estate. As a registered charity funded purely on a project by project basis, even £250 or a 1% bequest can make a huge difference.
If you would like to discuss supporting us in any way, please do get in touch.
Taking Flight Theatre
Chapter Arts Centre
Canton, Cardiff, CF5 1QE
029 2023 0020
Youth Theatre meets at:
Wales Millennium Centre
Cardiff, CF10 5AL
Support Taking Flight with your generous donation. You can donate securely through our website (below) or send a cheque, payable to Taking Flight Theatre. (If you are a UK taxpayer, please click the Gift Aid option when donating online).
We've had so much fun with @JedOReilly & @stephback95 filming videos for @Actionbound_EN app element of our 3-part magical adventure with @LAStheatre @TheatrauSirGar & @awen_wales #CuriousCaseOfAberlliw @BryngarwPark @BryngarwTeers @llynllecparkrun https://t.co/7rfMPI0CvYRead More
@Articulture_ Thank you m’dears. It’s going to be super 🕵️♀️🕵️♀️🔎🔍Read More