Ways to support our work
You can donate securely using the form below. If you are a UK taxpayer, please click the Gift Aid option when donating online.
You can also become a regular supporter. Get in touch to find out more about making a regular contribution to our work.
If you’re a business, you could sponsor a project, or even a specific aspect of a project. For example, Legal & General sponsored umbrellas for one of our outdoor shows, keeping vulnerable audiences & performers dry. Your organisation could be responsible for making one of our projects happen!
Why Support Taking Flight?
Every project we create requires additional support in order to realise our mission.
- You can help us to continue providing ethical employment opportunities for D/deaf & disabled performers & creatives.
- You can help us increase the confidence & transferrable skills of D/deaf & disabled young people.
- You can help provide positive disabled & D/deaf role models for future generations.
- You can support us in changing the face of who makes theatre & who it is for.
How many people do you employ each year?
- 3 permanent staff.
- 2 youth theatre staff.
- 20 professional performers per year. (Over 50% of these people will identify as D/deaf or disabled).
- 20-30 people per year including writers, facilitators, BSL interpreters, Creative Consultants, Stage Managers, designers, composers & musicians.
- We also have a pool of around 12 regular volunteers.
How many projects do you do?
- Youth Theatre for D/deaf & Hard of Hearing Young People.
- 2 productions per year, which either tour Wales or England.
- 2-3 future projects in development per year.
How many people experience your work?
- You’ve Got Dragons (a project gently raising mental health with very young children) played to 3248 people. 767 people participated in resilience workshops.
- The Tempest played to just under 3000 people across Wales during summer 2017.
- Real Human Being, tackling disability hate crime, played to over 9000 secondary age young people in Wales between 2014 and 17.
After you have made provision for your loved ones, leaving a gift in your will can be a fantastic way of continuing to support the work we do, no matter how much you are able to leave. In this way, you’ll be investing in the future of Taking Flight, nurturing emerging D/deaf & disabled creatives & leaving a lasting mark for generations to come. You might consider bequeathing a specific sum or perhaps a percentage of your estate. As a registered charity funded purely on a project by project basis, even £250 or a 1% bequest can make a huge difference.
If you would like to discuss supporting us in any way, please do get in touch.
Where we are
Taking Flight Theatre
Chapter Arts Centre
Canton, Cardiff, CF5 1QE
029 2023 0020
Youth Theatre meets at:
Wales Millennium Centre
Cardiff, CF10 5AL
Support Taking Flight with your generous donation. You can donate securely through our website (below) or send a cheque, payable to Taking Flight Theatre. (If you are a UK taxpayer, please click the Gift Aid option when donating online).